Monday, March 3, 2014

Random Thoughts about Blogging and Travel

This site is no longer going to be updated. I have upgraded my site and the new location is:
http://worldgallivant.com

Point marks my "permanent" address and the
point where I spend most of my childhood.
So far I have a couple posts out, they seem to be doing good...I don't really know yet, since there aren't any comments, but I guess +1's are good. I really wanted to add some content onto the blog, so there wasn't only one post. It would be so lonely, thinking it has no friends. And really, who wants to go to a website that only has one page? No one, that's who. haha. The posts that are here and that will be coming up in the next week or so are really there has a guide or resource when planning your next trip. Hopefully *fingers crossed* that's what the goal of them was anyways.

During some travels I will being posting, so you will be able to follow me around the Grand Canyon, Japan, or where ever I am at that point. Hopefully passing on some points of wisdom or spur some travels ideas.

I grew up in Eastern Idaho with a lot of travel to the surrounding areas over the summers to follow my fathers work (he helped pave roads back then driving semi's) and with the ski team over the winters. From those experiences I have an extensive knowledge of camping, hiking, and local hangouts of Central and Eastern Idaho, along with parts of Wyoming and Montana. Plus some family trips down to the extended family in Arizona and California.

Kappa no Yu (Onsen), Yagen Valley
Doesn't this place just look beautiful?
I look forward to sharing my experiences as I broaden my knowledge of the world and myself. We just received Lonely Planet's "Hiking in Japan" book and there are quite a few that seem really interesting with the little hiking huts that are available, so we (mother and I) might be taking some multi-day hikes, for you nature lovers out there. Plus what better way to commune with nature and rustic onsen then after a long hike and in JAPAN none the less. Have you caught on to how much I'm really looking forward to this summer trip? Nah! it was not obvious at all, was it?


No comments:

Post a Comment